SteveB

"Vidkid72" wrote in message

He also said that something broke on the tool and
he was charged a 25.00 fee when he returned the item.

He rented it, not you. If he was too stupid or cheap to take the damage
waiver, then he should have paid the damages, of which there were none,
anyway.

I have rented cars and tools, and I believe the damage waiver is cheap and
easy any way you go despite people who will say they are unnecessary and
that they already have enough insurance. I take it every time, because you
just walk away pretty much no matter what happens.

Did you see, "Meet the Fokkers"? A funny situation about not taking the
insurance is in the movie.

Sounds like this guy would not be a candidate for more work, and I would
explain that making a few bucks on this job has cost him a bigger one. But
it sounds like he won't care anyway.

Well, this gives you more experience to handle the next situation. Good
luck. Welcome to home repair.

Steve