Brian Lawson

Hey Modat,

Very nice. I see you got the "whole enchilada". Did you pick it up
in Ann Arbor, or was it shipped?

In the photos, it looks from here like you do have some "extra" room
at both ends. You could swing one end of the lathe bed so that it
isn't as parallel with the wall, and that allows loading long pieces
through the bore.
One thing for future, is to mount the mill head and column on a
separate base with it's own X-Y table, or better yet on a knee table.
Much handier, and generally more travel distances.

And what are the shop walls made from? Actually looks like the inside
of a nice reefer van. Great for lighting and cleaning!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:43:01 GMT, Modat22 wrote:

I just purchased my first machine, a smithy 1220 LTD. I know the 3 in
1 machines are the underdogs in the group but with my small shop I
really don't have the room for bigger tools, plus I have very little
machine experience.

So now I need to find some adult vocational training in my area for
welding and metal machining. My wife is already complaining about how
little she see's me (even though I am 75 steps away from my front
door).

new baby pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Picture002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Picture001.jpg