Grant Erwin

I have tumbled rusty chain in nothing other than beach sand, with excellent
results. You can, however, do better. I would suggest starting with sand (jeez,
it would seem to me that black blasting sand would just tear up aluminum) and
run it for 3-4 hours and then look at it and go from there. Keep notes and
learn as you go. - GWE

"Jerry Foster" wrote

I just got a small tumbler that I intend to use for de-burring small
aluminum parts. Does anyone have any advice on what media to use in it?
was thinking of trying sandblasting sand... And any idea of about how
long
to run it?