Jason Arthurs

Default Shelf life of Sealed lead acid batteries?

I've recently been offered an APC SmartUPS 900 at a bargain price of
£50 the unit is still sealed in the original packaging and is
obviously unused. The seller cannot confirm how old the unit is (the
SmartUPS 900 has been discontinued) and our best guess is that the
date of manufacture could be as early as 2001.

Bearing in mind this unit has never been charged, what sort of
condition are the batteries likely to be in. Sealed lead acid
batteries are supposed to have a long working life, but does anyone
have any idea what their shelf life would be?

Regards,
Jason.
---
Replace nntp with my name to reply.
N0 5pAm H3r3: Include this tagline to pass my spam filter.