Pete

Please do not try any of the fore mentioned acts of brutality on these fine
tools. Thirty-five years ago when I was a young frustrated apprentice angry
at my new Kleins a old timer told me to sprinkle " Old Dutch or Comet
cleanser " in the joints and work them back and forth. Within five minutes
your pliers fall open and don't stiffen up again.Be sure to do both sides.
This is probably the best tip I learned from that guy!

Pete

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
I just indulged myself and bought a pair of Klein 9" side cutting pliers.
They seem very stiff to me. It is quite awkward, difficult even, to open
them with one hand. Is this something that I can loosen up by working
them, or is it a defect that I should return them for?

I know that "stiff" means "freedom from looseness", but this is a bit
much.

Thanks,
Bob