CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Well, the house was being built when we signed the contract, so there
wasn't any way to tell this. These pictures were taken a day after the
plumbing was put in and I notified my agent that I do not like it. We
have not closed yet, that happens in about a month.

It was mentioned that it could easily be an "extra cost" request to
have the plumbing in the floor joists...how much extra cost would you
estimate?

The other house is built the exact same way...exact same houses..why
would they do the plumbing two different ways? Possibly the other
buyers specified..who knows, but I they should at least give you a
heads up that your plumbing is going to be hang two feet below the
ceiling.

John A. Weeks III wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

I'm not sure if he's going to leave it like this, or put it more flush
against the floor joists once he puts the duct work in. Does this look
like a common way for finished plumbing to hang? It looks temporary to
me, but all the pipe has a blue supstance on it like it's in the
finishing statges. Let me know what you opinions are.

While it looks technically correct, and it must have passed
inspection to get an occupancy permit, it is a pretty ****ty
way of doing it. There should almost never be any plumbing
hanging down below the floor joists, with the exception of a
few feet of this white drain pipe. Having it run circles
like that shows that that they were just plain lazy.

I would still pay the $400 or so to get a home inspection.
I'd talk to the inspector about the plumbing to see what
can legally be changed, either to burry this stuff in
walls, or to move it.

I'd also be curious to see if everything is vented properly.
I cannot see everything in the photos, but I thought that
the vent paths were supposed to be closer to the drains
that what I see in the photos.

If something can be done to improve this, you would have
wanted to write it in the purchase agreement up front.
It is kind of ugly to come back later in the deal on this.
If something is not done to code, however, then that is
fair to ask to have fixed as part of the inspection.

-john-

--
================================================ ======================
John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708

Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
================================================ ======================

Thats rediculous. They know FULL WELL thats ugly and will make the
house more difficult to sell. They should be ashamed. Thats my
personal opinion. In any event you probably already love the house.
Its a tough decision. I would not want cost cutters like that doing my
plumbing. I also agree though that when the basement is unfinished
there are lots of rules which are different. Like I believe the
basement only needs to be water resistant as opposed to water proof.
Something to that effect.

If you can force them to fix it, do. But considering the type of
character they are showing. (I mean it IS a basement, its not a celler
after all) I would not really trust them to do it. Let it be and get
someone else to fix it before you finish the basement. thats what I
would do. My wife would be ****ed though

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert