CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Doc Savage wrote:
roger, I am also in agreement with you ... in thinking that they would
throw a fit. I already know my wife would not approve either.

Thats part of the problem with a father from the old "do it yourself" /
"no nonsense" school -- is that he doesn't understand the restrictions
these new builders place on us, even if we did a quality job which
didn't cause any subs any harm -- they would still throw a fit, unless
nobody every saw it.

For that reason, I am leaning towards NOT putting in the fan till AFTER
I own the home.

I do have the builder wiring a dedicated circuit and switch up there
already and the fan mount is really non-existant, since I am going to
be using a "no cut" fan shutter mount, which just straddles a joist in
the middle and mounts flush to the drywall within the two adjacent 24"
joist openings. See the following link for the details on the fan and
the no-cut shutters:
http://www.trianglefans.com/pdf/Owne...l%20manual.pdf

So all I'm looking at doing after we move in is cut out the drywall for
the no cut shutter (which will span most of the 2 24" spans) and then
adding a couple of blocking 2x4s on the insides of the outer two joists
... and then try to slip the fan up through the hole. I think my
fathers main concern is damaging the drywall when putting the fan up
through the hole, esp. considering the large size of the fan and small
~1" gap that we'll have to work with.

Maybe I could just temporarily pad the edges of the drywall for a
little dent proofing?

Right now I leaning more towards dealing with my Dad whining then
risking a fit from the building and the wife. Seems like the easier of
the two battles.

Also consider if you have to replace it. If you install it afterwards,
then you will have made all the provisions for future replacing.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert