Dr. Hardcrab

"jessica" wrote in message
oups.com...
We had a heater guy come out yesterday and talk to us about high
efficiency heating and cooling options. He suggested a 19 seer Trane
heat pump with back up oil heat. We currently have only oil heat. To
get 19 Seer out of the new Trane heat pump it requires a variable speed
motor, but the blowers that come in all oil furnaces are dual speed.
The heater guy said we would only loose one seer because we were using
an oil furnace dual speed blower? What seer do you think we would
achieve with the dual speed blower? Would it make sense to get a less
efficient unit because we would be using a dual speed blower?

You wouldn't get enough efficiency out of it for what (I am guessing) he is
charging you for the unit....