Bill

World Traveler wrote:
I just finished clearing out a workarea alongside my parked cars in the
garage, (there's an area about 20 x 12 open space parallel to the parking
area), with four overhead cabinets and three commercial (metal) workbenchs
lined up end to end. For appearance and convenience, I'm planning on adding
a countertop to the three workbenches to make everything look more like one
unit. I have enough left-over flooring (unfinished t&g Brazilian Cherry) to
do the entire top and my plan is to just glue everything up, miter the
corners and perhaps rout out a small depression each side to keep anything
from rolling off, and securing it as one long countertop to each of the
three workbenches. When done, it would look a little like a miniature
one-piece bowling alley covering all three workbenches.

I've never seen anyone do anything like this, but surely using t&g flooring
for this isn't a new idea. It doesn't look like a difficult task. Have I
overlooked something, and are there some hidden reasons why this shouldn't
be done?

Regards --

My brother did something similar when he built his work
shop. The only thing different was that he used
recycled flooring he got out of a job he did. It looked
and worked great.

Bill Gill