antgel

Jim Alexander wrote:
"antgel" wrote in message

Cue chorus of "told you so". My PPPro 12V drill/driver is annoying me. I
have been using it to drill through joists with a 16mm flat wood bit - I
thought wood drilling was the least tiresome form of drilling, but
apparently not in this case. After a full charge, it's running out of
puff after intermittent use over a couple of hours.

To be fair, this is the first PPPro tool that I have been dissatisfied
with, and there have been quite a few over the last couple of years. I
generally find the performance quite acceptable.

Are my expectations of a 12V cordless too much or is the product not
performing as well as I might expect?

No idea, but you would be far better using an auger bit for joist drilling
any more than one or two holes. Easier, quicker and more manageable waste.

A few people mentioned that. What are the advantages of spade bits?

Put another way, should I return it and get a beefier cordless drill /
driver, or just get a cheapie variable-speed mains drill?

Personally I think 16mm with a spade bit is quite good going for 12V though
it seems to be the battery capacity which doesn't impress you. The battery
capacity may improve after a few cycles. If you havn't got a mains drill
you should get one anyway.

I did. It's definitely the way forward.

Antony