Its a very poor grower. Its main use was in framing because its very
strong for its size. Its totally superseded for almost all purposes by
steel, which we DO have a lot of. I haven't seene many oak bridges or
oak oil tankers, have you?

Oak grows better than steel and requires far less energy to produce and
fashion than steel. In houses, it is more versatile and adaptable and
easier to use. It performs better in a fire. You are right to suggest
that oak is not much good for oi; tankers but then we won't be needing
them in a little while.

Rising damp is a fact, and your religion will not make it go away

Dunno much about religeon but the science tells us that capilliary
action does not cause moisture to rise more than a couple of brick
courses. I'm not sure whether what the DPC industry says should be
regarded as religeon or mythology, but science it ain't.

Deep foundatins are needed for rigid strucrtures:

Domestice building just does not need to be rigid - ban spirit levels
:-)

Concrete is cheap

Concrete is only cheap so long as oil is cheap and we don't take into
account the cost of climate change caused by one of the most guilty
industries - ban OPC as well!