James Waldby

Martin Eastburn wrote:
I noticed in the back of my Perl manual (an early one - nutshell)
Larry Wall was at the time a programmer at the JPL. He authored
rn and 'patch' and perl. metaconfig that writes config files
as well. The last time I heard of Wall, he had just been sued
by INTEL as he was a consultant to them on scripts and the
internet - he showed the IT group how open their network was
and got in hack several times. Then he flat broke in from
the outside and showed them what was possible.

Wrong. Randal Schwartz (not Wall) was convicted of felonies at
Intel. Schwartz was co-author with Wall on the first edition of
"Programming perl". He is not a co-author on current edition.
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pperl/
http://www.answers.com/topic/randal-l-schwartz
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pperl3/
-jiw