John Rumm

Default Fitting router to 10" table saw?

Flash Gordon wrote:

I did wonder though one gets the impression they are only branded at
the very cheap end.

No you get badge engineering going on at all levels! If you look at the
NuTool 1/2" router for example it shows up in lots of places as far as I
can tell for about the same sort of money (about 100 quid in this case).
The Axminster "white" own brand looks to be another version of the same
router for example.

Again - a very useful and practical reply. It is good to know that
this kit can be worked with and for some is OK. For the low cost, I
don't mind having to do work arounds with angles and measures.

You can get good enough results with it - but it may not be as quick to
work with as some of the more professional tools. This would be more of
an issue in a production environment that at home however.

I've seen pics of routers and their bits and pieces on Ebay but none
seem to have much that looks like a mounting plate. I've only been to

The plates never come with the routers as far as I aware - they are
normally either sold with tables or something you buy separately.

See http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/crt/

For one example of mounting plates etc. You can also get generic plates
for mounting in a table of your own construction. Failing that you could
make your own out of a bit of ply or MDF or even thick acrylic sheet.

a couple of local chain store DIY stores who do not have boxes on
their shelves for me to examine so I'll have to look a bit further
afield. Internet searches have provided precious little on my
questions.

The B&Q superstore places do carry some of the more serious Trend kit
including router tables and mounting plates etc.

Thank you again for these links which I'll follow up. Very useful -
though I had seen Screwfix.com, I hadn't checked out axminster.co.uk

It's worth getting the (free) paper catalogue from them - their web site
is good if you know exactly what you are looking for - but it's hopeless
for browsing.

--
Cheers,

John.