Bernie Hunt

No problem. I'd say let's kiss and make up, but the others would insist we
get a room, hahahahaha.

I normally agree on the buy the best you can and cry only once. I was going
to get a Oneway Talon and a buddy in our club bought a PSI. He works in the
national labs here on Long Island and they measure only in ten thousands. He
said the Barracuda was pretty good, so I figured to give is a chance, but to
objectively measure it's abilitiy. So I then took the almost $100 I saved
and spent $200 on vacuum adaptors, Oneway live centers and such, hahahaha.
Lots of money saved.

Bernie

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message

Hello Bernie

I feel like a jerk, sorry for the harsh kneejerk reaction to your post.

The reason, some posters with a fake name come in and make some
self-serving or back stabbing claims, not to be heard from ever again,
they do get me on edge some times, so this was an over reaction of me, and
again I apologize for that.

But, as for the chuck or any of the real important pieces of "needed
tools/machinery" I am of the opinion that proven quality is still the way
to go, it hurts only one time, and with new turners trying to get the hang
of it, they don't have this question is it me or the tool, and the
frustration that goes with it, and good tools and equipment can always be
sold again , try that with a doorstop.

Anyway what my experience has taught me is that you get there with good
shoes faster and with less discomfort than with 3 pair of cheap ones.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Bernie Hunt wrote:
Leo,

SNIP

OK, I'm done ranting. Feel free to respond if I've gone overboard or out
of line. I'm going back to trying to learn to turn better. The neighbor
cut down a tree and I think it's time to get out the chain saw and see
what I can do with some of the scrapes.

Bernie