Jeff Wisnia

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I just indulged myself and bought a pair of Klein 9" side cutting
pliers. They seem very stiff to me. It is quite awkward, difficult
even, to open them with one hand. Is this something that I can loosen
up by working them, or is it a defect that I should return them for?

I know that "stiff" means "freedom from looseness", but this is a bit much.

Thanks,
Bob

I wouldn't return them (yet).

Did you try some light oil on the obvious joints?

Beating them around the joint area with a soft hammer using a block of
wood as a backstop will help loosen them by flattening high spots in the
joints without leaving any "distress marks".

That's what I do in that situation.

If all else fails you can see if the place you bought them from happens
to have a looser pair.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia