JohnM

william_b_noble wrote:
an old automotive mechanic trick to free rusted stuck parts is to use coca
cola - the acid and fizz seem to do the trick
"shedfull" wrote in message
oups.com...

Evening to you all,

I have been given an old 3 inch m/vice which is badly seized with rust.
I was wondering what would be the best way to restore it?

First thoughts were penetrating oil, but that's not not doing much
good, I could set up a de-rusting bath.(bat charger etc)
The sq thread and nut seem in good condition so I think its worth
saving.

What say you?

I'd use the salt & vinegar mix on it. Or, some good spray oil
(Break-away has been my favorite for some years now) and judicious
hammering.

John