John Rouse

Default Mini-digger digging parallel to wall

In article , Derek
writes
Hi all,

I have hired a 3ton mechanical digger before, but with a new job at the
house I have to dig close and parallel to a wall. Is there a way of
angling the arm and digging in a kind of 45deg approach to the wall, or do
I need a special type of digger.

The mini digger that was used on our foundations could be nosed up to a
wall with the arm at right angles to the direction of travel, and then a
trench dug sideways as it were. Of course you had to keep backing off
and nosing into the wall a few feet further on.

J.
--
John Rouse