Mike

I believe that coppiced willow is the fastest way to 'grow energy' ...

You can get industrial strength chippers and feed it to fan blown
furnaces...

Correct. There was a scheme in Yorkshire to get farmers to grow the willow
and a power plant to use it. Problem was the plant went bust before it hit
production and there's lots of farmer with fields of immature willow. I
heard there was a rescue plan being muted but have heard anything since.

I wish I had installed a heat pump and acres of plastic pipe in the
garden too.

I just wish the compressors weren't so expensive that the possibility of
getting a positive or negative payback depends on where interest rates go.