Nick Atty

On 05 Jun 2005 15:55:09 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

Paper is another questionable one. The cost (in particular the
energy use) of processing recycled paper often exceededs the
cost of creating new paper. It has always seemed to me that
paper should be buried in landfill as this is exactly the reverse
process of burning fossil fuels, i.e. it's taking CO2 out of the
atmosphere and burying it back underground. Actually, planting
fast growing plants, harvesting them, and burying them down old
coal mines could be quite a good thing to do from this perspective.

I've been known to suggest that oil deposits are the disposable nappies
of a lost civilisation.
--
On-line canal route planner:
http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)