Bob

Doug:

I have this QC toolpost on my Sakai (Toyo) ML-210, and I think it is
likely to be too small for your Myford. You should probably go up to
the next size in the Phase II line. I don't think the "micro" version
is going to fit.

The mounting hole is 14mm diameter top and bottom, bushed (I think) to
the bolt size, on mine 8 mm. However, there is absolutely zero
clearance betweeen the edge of the hole and the tightening lever
casting -- you have to use a cap screw with head diameter no greater
than 14 mm, and the head rests just below flush with the top surface of
the toolholder body. Plus, I suspect the bushing is either shrink-fit
or mechanically fastened in the bore, as it takes the tightening load
from the capscrew. If you bored out the bushing, you would have to
counter-bore the top larger to allow for the bigger capscrew head.

Repeat, you can't use a hold-down bolt that protrudes above the top
surface, as there is no side clearance at all.

Regards,

Bob