Gunner

On 5 Jun 2005 06:38:59 -0700, "mclorson"
wrote:

Don:
Really nice .
Where do get the 1/4 rod? I was able to find copper clad rod at a
local welding supply, but I thought $2.20 plus per pound was a bit
high. They won't be stocking it anymore. I am in St. Louis. Bare
steel 3/16" is 20 feet for $5. at .094 lb per foot that is also more
expensivie than welding wire, which I buy in Chicago for $.80 lb. Even
with freight its cheaper to buy out of town.
-Mike

Have you considered using the mild steel 3/16 wire used for the top
tensioning strand in chain link fences? While it does come on a
roll..its easy to straighten and is dirt cheap. But it is galvanized.
A bit of a dip in a PVC tube of swimming pool acid..and the galvanized
is gone. Stainless steel wire for the same purpose is not much more
money either.

Shrug.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown