Derek

Default dodgy plumbing?

On Tue, 11 May 2004 12:43:36 +0100, BigWallop wrote:

"Derek" wrote in message
Hi all,

I was up in the attic last night (as you do!) and I noticed that my
rising main was connected to my water tank by the plumber pushing the
hydrodare pipe 2' over the end of a 1/2' copper pipe. Is this
proper/usual practice?

It is a 3 year old house with a good strong mains pressure - is there
some sort of compression fitting for this job? should I alert the 7
neighbours that had the same plumber?

Thanks for any advice.

Derek.

Are you sure that the Hydrodare isn't just lagging around 15mm copper
pipe ? As far as I know, Hydrodare, especially at that diameter (2'')
is soft lagging and not actually water carrying pipework.

Hi,

Positive, sorry it was not that clear from the mail the hydrodare is
pushed 2 inches onto the end of the copper pipe (not 2 inch hydrodare
diameger). No the copper makes the hydrodare stiff where it is pushed over
- there is a noticable buldge in the hydrodare where it stops and then it
is "bendy" heading down towards the kitchen sink. I think this is
hydrodare, just a black plastic water carrying pipe with blue text.

Thanks,

Derek.