J. Clarke

Arch wrote:

Hi Owen, We've all had a serious post diverted by 'humor', so I should
have known better and taken care not to appear to laugh at your problem.
Some states can take your property by eminent domain then sell it to a
private owner and here they can declare your property to be 'historical'
and deny any changes thereafter, but not reduce taxes.

Solution to that--forget to separate a bunch of oily rags sitting under the
pile of lumber in the basement with a few gallon cans of naphtha and other
flammable solvents sitting on top of it and go on vacation. Oops. You
mean they'll _do_ that? Gee whiz, I never imagined . . .

Our legislature's
intentions are often interpreted as they please and enforced or not by
unelected staff, usually to the detriment of citizens. Not funny and no
.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

--John