Nick Müller

Ed Huntress wrote:

Nick, those are magnificent. I hope you get the English translations
completed soon.

Thank you! :-))
Well the translation will take some time, first I have to get the German
version stable (content- and HTML-wise), but I'll take the chance for a
brief description:

ELLWE 2FB:
----------
It's a model of a Swedish 2-stroke 2-zylinder marine Diesel engine,
built around 1920. The model has 64 ccm, and works with (home made)
spark plugs. To disguise the carb, sucction is from the underside of the
cranccase through the base plate. The reversal gear box is working. Also
working is the starting by compressed air. The oiler (brass box with
bulls eye) is also working (but I don't use it). Yes, the copper tubes
are _tubes_.
The engine itself is about 410 * 130 * 245 mm (L * W * H) and weights 15
kg.
Building the engine was about 600..800 hours of work. I bought the
castings and a plan in Italy. But that plan was a mess! It took me weeks
to correct it. :-(

VTM 87:
-------
This is a 1 cylinder 4-stroke in the style of the Amanco. 87ccm. It
wheigts about 27kg. All parts are welded (those that look like
castings). The sound is really great. If you listen to the videos, turn
up the sub woofer!

cubic:
------
1 cylinder 2 stroke 29ccm.
You might ask why it looks so, ummm..., strange. Well, suddenly I had
this design in my head and immedeatly started to sketch the outer form
of it. I wanted that brick-look without curves. Then, I fittet the
necessary things inside. Size is about 250 * 200 mm (base plate). Was
just about 40 hours of work. Doesn't run well (due to the small fly
wheel) in idle (to be onest, it has no idle), but revs up like mad.
Engine looks great if you hang it on the wall like a picture. Yes, it
was intended to be a sculpture.

DLM-S3a:
--------
This is a aero-engine where I found plans in "Model Craftsman" from 1933
(a Lindsay reprint). I took the basic design and optimized it, so you
can spinn the propeller by blowing in the silicon tube. This is really a
cute engine for putting on the desktop.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Nick
--
"Wissenschafts"-Sendung auf einem der Privat-Kanäle:
"Der Behälter fasst 200.000 Kubik-Liter."