Set Square

Default Low water pressure

Simon wrote:

I have recently had a megaflow system fitted but because of very low
mains water pressure the output from taps and showers is very poor. Is
there a solution to this problem?

There are two factors.

Firstly static pressure, when no water is flowing. If this is low, there
isn't a lot you can do about it - but unless it's *very* low, it probably
isn't the problem.

Secondly - and potentially more importantly - flow rate. This could be being
restricted because of inadequate pipework in your house - or by the pipe
from the common mains to your property being too small.

Have you measured the flow rate at the point where the water supply enters
your property? With a bucket and stopwatch, turn the kitchen tap (or the tap
nearest to the point of entry) full on and time how long it takes to fill
the bucket. Weigh the water (1 litre = 1 Kg) and work out the flow rate in
litres per minute - and post it here.

Those with more detailed knowledge than me will then tell you what it
*needs* to be to make your megaflow system work half decently.
--
Cheers,
Set Square