Dave Liquorice

Default A CAT5 question

On Tue, 11 May 2004 09:03:31 +0100, Dave Plowman wrote:

The outlets I've bought mention T568B and T586A using what appears
to be the same wiring colours but in a different sequence. What's
the difference?

The colour of two of the pairs is swapped around.

As you say the wiring is the same. I don't know if there is any affect
from the lay of the pairs within the cable or not, in one you be using
opposite pairs the other side by side. This is assuming that all CAT5
cable pairs are laid up the same in relation to the pair colour...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail