Rodders

Dear Rodney

Sounds like you have done most of the fault tracing and the tubebase
panel is in question.

Tubebase connector Focus spark gap would be my first port of call.

Assuming it is arcing in error, you can try locating the sparkgap with a
view to checking/maximizing its gap.

regards

Frank

The spark gap for the focus is an air gap in the tube socket. I used a
piece of paper to block the gap and still got a spark sound and no mark
on the paper. Have been unable to find any trace of arcing anyware on
the board. After listening a bit more the sound could be coming from the
lopt it's hard to tell due to position of the boards and me been not to
keen to get my head too close to the eht. I have removed the lopt but
found no trace of arcing.

It also looks like someone has worked on the monitor before as all the
spark gaps on the neck board have been cut.

Thanks
Rodney