Tom Watson

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:35:01 GMT, Glen wrote:

A friend sent this to me, and I wanted to pass it along. To all my
fellow woodworkers who are veterans, THANK YOU.

Memorial Day, formerly known as Decoration Day, was instituted to
honor the fallen combatants in The War Between The States.

Its meaning grew to encompass the honoring of dead Americans from all
wars.

There is another day which honors both the living and the dead who
served their country - Veteran's Day, formerly known as Armistice Day.

It began as an honoring of the dead from The War To End All Wars,
which ironically was presumed to have ended at the eleventh hour, of
the eleventh day, of the eleventh month - of 1918.

Senator Metzenbaum is now 88 years old and has not served in the
Senate since 1995.

History is an interesting discipline - one that I would suggest that
you study more diligently.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)