CW

Yes, I would say you got a good deal. Doesn't cost you a thing to let it
dry.

"Joseph Smith" wrote in message
Found a guy in Norfolk, VA who has just added to his tree cutting service
and has started a lumber business along side it. He has a "Wood-Mizer"

and
just got his Kiln on-line.
Came to an agreement with him for 200bft of QS Red Oak @ $1.75bdft after
some haggling. It would cost me extra and a long delay to have him dry it
for
me. But the logs he cut it off were harvested by a him a long while ago

and
the
Moisture content is running between 14 - 16% in the boards; so I took it

at
the
above price and I'll let it dry the rest of the way in my Garaaashop.
Did I get a fair price for only partially cured QS Red Oak? My other

lumber
place here doesn't carry QS Red Oak and their non-QS Kiln dried R.O. goes
for about $2.60bdft.

Joey in Chesapeake