Grant Erwin

Clark Magnuson wrote:

I was high on the scaffolding to the Kingdome ceiling, sitting in a
swinging coxswain's seat and stick welding, when a large piece of red
hot slag landed in my lap and burned a hole in my pants and started
burning hole on the end of my [penis]. I couldn't do anything but grit
my teeth or fall to my death. I got down as soon as I could and went to
the nurse, who put salve on it. I told her to rub some more of that on
there...

OK, I got one too. Back in the '70s when I was one of 20000 guys building guided
missile frigates at Todd Shipyards, I was working bent over in an engine room
and someone way up above me was cutting some steel and a big old ball of fiery
slag landed right in my plumber's crack and sat there sizzling while I leaped
around. It wound up being 3 little 3rd degree burns all in a most excruciatingly
embarrassing place. Worst thing was, every day I had to start my shift by going
to the dispensary, dropping trou and laying over a gurney while, you guessed it,
the female nurse had to change the dressing. Seemed to take *forever* to get
through that one.

Seeing as how the Kingdome got blown to Kingdome come a few years ago, Clark, I
figger your story's a little um overstated. Mine, however, is absolute truth.

GWE