Dale Hallmark

Well, three phase, or 220; it is worthless for my purposes.
I will see if I can trade it for something I can use.

My shop (a do it yourself shop in the corner of my garage) has neither and I
have no need of them
so far for any project I have planned.

Thanks for all the responses!
Dale

Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote in message
I was given a "Old" motor and it looks like it may have came from an old
air
conditioner
(water cooler type). No plug on the end of the cord, so the elect may
have
ran through controls
(step rheostat (sp) maybe?) or whatever before it went to the motor?
No plate with specs either. And no hump on the motor for a starting
capacitor.

Anyway, I thought it was a 110- v motor (what I want) but the wire colors
are
red, white, black. Now the (New) cord I happen to have lying around is
black, white, green.

When I hook up black-black, and white-white and leave the green red
unconnected
It doesn't sound safe to be near for the 1 sec I tried and doesn't run
either but didn't blow a breaker.

Black for power???, white for ground??? and green for safety, right,
wrong??
Or is the red for another 110-v leg?

So, should I just trash it or am I doing something stupid with the wiring
that should be obvious
to anyone but me?

Dale

Could it be 220V? Black (hot), Red (hot), White (Neutral).
Ken.