DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
On 3 Jun 2005 17:53:41 -0400, (DoN. Nichols) wrote:

The "jet mirror" -- is that mounted in a ring into which turbine
blades dovetail? Ir is it a ring gear of some sort?

That's one of the little ones. I've made several.

That particular one is just a knife-edge seal - the diagonal bars round
the edge hold it in place and there are a couple of sharp rings on the
inside edge to form the seal. Some of the others are "stator" rings -
static vanes at the end of the compresor stage.

Thanks.

I presume that these were pulled from over-time engines?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |