Edwin Pawlowski

"Gina and Les Armstrong" wrote in
message

I have an older GE Dishwasher (about 15 years old) that still works fine.
I am having my counters, sink, disposal, and faucet fixture replaced soon.
The over flow for the dishwasher is directed to a spout sort of thing on
top of the sink, next to the faucet. The main out flow for the dish washer
goes to a port on the disposer.

Yes, this is not an overflow, rather a device to prevent siphoning back to
the DW from the drain. In my case I just have a loop in the hose. Never
had a problem. You may have a local code requiring the air gap, but it will
still perform without it.

Once you do all the nice new work, how long do you think your wife is going
to let that old DW stay in place?