Joseph Meehan

Melissa wrote:
We had a new front door, back door, and set of french doors installed.
All three have the same problem with the deadbolts. The back and
french doors open out. When you pull them closed, they catch fine. To
lock them you have to pull the door tighter, or closer to the
frame, else the lock won't engage. You don't have to pull hard, but
you have to pull everytime. The front door has the same problem,
though it opens in instead of out, so you have to push the door or
lean into it slightly to get the deadbolt to engage. The front
door knob and lock set are all new. The french door and back door
have the old back and front door knobs and locksets. Any tips? A
friend who knows well how to install the doors did it for us for
free, so if it's something we can readily correct, I'd rather not
bother him over it. Thanks!
Melissa

I agree with Mortimer. With this design you really want to tight fit
with a little spring in it to assure no rattles. I think you got a job well
done. If it gets more difficult with the change of the seasons, then maybe
you might have a problem, but I suspect that will not be the case.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit