mac davis

On 3 Jun 2005 22:27:16 -0700, "John" wrote:

toller wrote:
I bought an unused Rockler router table fence at a garage sale for $6! That
is the small gloat.

I will be using it on a table I am making for my table saw wing. That will
require cutting the 36" fence down to 27". This is the small problem.

I have some dubious carbide table saw blades I picked up for almost nothing
at other garage sales. If I stick one in my table saw, will it cut the
Rockler aluminum extrusion without damaging me, the extrusion, or the saw?
(I don't care about the blades...) Sure, I can use my sawzall, but it will
look like I used my sawzall.

I've cut aluminum on a table saw many times, using regular woodcutting
carbide blades. Works well. Wear goggles, and make sure the workpiece
is held firmly.

If the extrusion section is open so that you would be cutting in an
area not against the table, I'd consider flipping it and making two
passes.

John Martin

or shimming it up with wood to make it lay flat, and cutting metal and wood in
one cut..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing