Don Sforza

I made several dozen of these for Christmas gifts. All out of white oak...
tried cherry... nice but doesn't have the "spring". The hardest part was
getting the hole for the pin aligned. I gang-cut the outlines on the band
saw, and gang-cut the slots (again on the band saw). Some salad bowl finish
and let 'em dry. SWMBO put them away with the turned pens... something for
the ladies... something for the guys,,, and Christmas shopping is almost
done... except for the bling-bling that I'll have to spring for!!!

"gimp" wrote in message
news
Wood Magazine - Plans located at:

http://store.woodstore.net/saladtongs.html

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 23:06:26 -0500, "Thomas Satrom"
wrote:

My sister-in-law has asked me to make her a pair of Kentucky salad tongs -
they fold flat and use a brass pin. I can't find plans using Google, but
swear I some a plan in some recent woodworking magazine. Any help?