mac davis

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 06:53:37 -0400, "George" george@least wrote:

snip

There is a much more workable solution - respect for the property of others.

It's like the folks that come traipsing across my place - when asked, they
answer "I didn't know who owned it."

"You know _you_ don't. Should be enough."

Instead we get laws and legalism like "who determines what constitutes
'specialty wood, '" and questions on the competence of those who will have
to enforce the law the people's representatives have made.

I sign Christmas tree transport permits as landowner every year. Not really
a problem.

IMHO, this is a case of making a new law because they aren't enforcing an old
one...
Sort of like "cracking down" on drivers with cell phones... I've seen folks that
drive fine while on a cell.. others that shouldn't be allowed to drive at all...
the point is that there are already several laws that can be enforced, such as
reckless driving, etc... enforce the standing law and apply it to maps, radio
tuning, makeup, newspapers, shavers, etc... YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing