J. R. Carroll

"Dale Scroggins" wrote in message
m...
snippage

You put a lot of spit in your posts when you mention France and might

even
have dumped a bottle of wine on the ground. Consider this, my youngest
brother sold his Falcon and bought a Lear 31A.

Not sure I understand the symbolism. He sold a product built by a
company with facilities all over the world, the largest of which is in
Little Rock, Arkansas, and bought another product built by

French-Canadians?

Dale Scroggins
(who admittedly cashes a check from Dassault from time to time)

The maintenance facility in Little Rock is terrific as long as you have an
Airbus or perhaps a Raphael.
F20's are built outside just outside of Toulouse and the underlying reason
to dump the beast was that it closely resembled a Ferrari in that it was
great when it ran but was too frequently in one of the many wonderful repair
stations you mention. Three times in less than 6 months and other equipment
had to be arranged for to replace a new aircraft on short notice.
My personal preference is the G IV or V and the Citation X was actually
selected but the trip to and from Wichita in the plane killed that deal. Who
wants equipment so underpowered that bird strikes on the trailing edges are
a genuine concern? One of the guys was whipping his seat as you would a
horse on the trip back to LA - all 5 hours of it. In a good head wind a
Super King Air will beat a Citation, is a lot cheaper to operate and I was
type rated in that aircraft so with a little practice I could dump the
overhead of a flight crew. In the end the decision wasn't mine to make and
my opinion was just that - my opinion.

The point of my remarks to Gunner was that when W. says "WE Republicans" he
isn't including him or really even me. I wasn't being a snob, I am not and
he knows it. We two have more in common than is you would think. I just
choose not to kid myself.
As far as I am concerned Bush is in the same class of hired help as the lawn
maintenance crew and when he starts taking his marching orders from God and
the religious right he is right off the reservation.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.