DanG

There are two types of breakers - Snap in and screw in. Most
residential breakers are push in without the holding screw/

Both types come out by pulling out on the outside edge of the
breaker. The very best thing would be to go to Home Depot or some
such and actually push one in and out on a new, fresh. DEAD panel.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"xray" wrote in message

Usually I can figure this stuff out myself, but I don't see the
answer
here and never had occasion to do it before.

In the electric box that feeds my house, I want to replace one
circuit
breaker. What holds them in?

I think my box is pretty standard. There are busses for the two
legs of
220 down the middle and some kind of clamp strips down the
outsides that
holds the CBs.

Hope that is enough info for an answer.