Jerry Foster

SOME boxes in older homes use "Pushmatic" breakers. These are held in with
a screw. And the screw is, as I recall, hot. So, regardless of the type of
breaker, turn off the main before you try removing it.

"xray" wrote in message

Usually I can figure this stuff out myself, but I don't see the answer
here and never had occasion to do it before.

In the electric box that feeds my house, I want to replace one circuit
breaker. What holds them in?

I think my box is pretty standard. There are busses for the two legs of
220 down the middle and some kind of clamp strips down the outsides that
holds the CBs.

Hope that is enough info for an answer.