Tim Lamb

In message , Anna Kettle
writes
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 03:05:19 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Blue plastic held down with baler twine.

Baler twine aint what it used to be. I remember when it only came in
orange but the last bale I bought was blue

Round balers use thinner twine. Alternatively you could buy that used
for Hesston (big) bales which is much thicker than the standard you are
familiar with.

Tale told of teacher returning gifted ball of baler twine and
plaintively asking *what happened to the short lengths with a knot at
the end?*

Disgusted of Pakenham on Sea

You know, SWMBO wants a summerhouse thing...I wonder if our farmer will
have some bales...

How many and where?

Oh good! It would make an excellent summerhouse and if you tell us all
about it I will be able to build a strawbale house by proxy

I think you are right to worry about the load bearing capability of
bales. I have no recent experience of the mini Hestons used in the TV
program but a stack of conventional bales 5metres high will squash the
bottom layer by up to 10% over 12 months storage.

regards
--
Tim Lamb