Al Bundy

Rocinante wrote:
After recharging the battery for the electric starter for my Toro mower,
the 40 amp fuse keeps blowing whenever I turn the key. The 12 volt rated
battery is currently at 12.74 volts. Is the electric starter bad, or is the
battery overcharged?

--
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning.

6/3/2005 9:16:40 PM

A conventional automotive engine will start with 150-200 watts. You
poor little mower is apparently trying to draw over 400 watts
(AmpsXVolts). Your battery voltage is correct and the fuses are doing
their job. Your problem is either the starter binding up or shorting or
the motor itself is frozen up. See how the mower turns over manually.
If it is free enough then the starter is the problem most likely.