Gina and Les Armstrong

Default Dishwasher overflow question

I have an older GE Dishwasher (about 15 years old) that still works fine. I
am having my counters, sink, disposal, and faucet fixture replaced soon. The
over flow for the dishwasher is directed to a spout sort of thing on top of
the sink, next to the faucet. The main out flow for the dish washer goes to
a port on the disposer. The new sink has a four hole configuration (three
for water, one for accessories). Can I safely plumb the dishwasher without
an overflow? Is there another means for providing an overflow other than a
spout on top of the sink? Could the overflow be connected to the drain in
the other side of the sink (non disposer side of a two well sink)? SWMBO
really wants to put a soap dispenser in the new sink. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Les