Alan

Default Separate consumer unit for kitchen?

What is the state of the earth bonding? presuming that kitchen
contains incoming water main if going to have floorboards/carpets up
for new earth cable then might as well run new ringmain in for the
kitchen and a radial for the fridge/freezer. If running new cables and
are going to install a new CU at a later date the leave some
accessable slack in the cables to make wiring into new CU easier

Would the diruption in bringing the 10mm down from the attic be better
or worse than disruption of running new cables?

If bringing down cable from attic TLC do a 60 amp junction box item no
AA JB60

Might it make sense to use the 10mm cable for the cooker/hob and the
6mm for ring etc

Thanks for the feedback...
By dropping the 10mm from the attic i was trying to avoid taking more
cables back to the CU... that's going to be quite tricky!
I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get it done though...
I'll do a combination of both... I may as well get a new CU now (not
had to do that before though), probably split load.
I think I'll use the 10mm for the cooker/hob, take the 6mm for the
ring, maybe take a new line for a non-rcd to the fridge/freezer?
(2.5mm?)
The kitchen is in an extension, so will have to channel everything
through the walls and back through the main house.
Haven't seen any bonding in the kitchen at the moment (its old!) so
that task was going to be addressed at the same time...
Alan