Derek

Default A CAT5 question

On Tue, 11 May 2004 09:03:31 +0100, Dave Plowman wrote:

The outlets I've bought mention T568B and T586A using what appears to be
the same wiring colours but in a different sequence. What's the
difference?

I came across this when I was wiring my house, before wireless LAN, now
I'm wondering if it was worth it! They are two (very similar) standards. I
think I read before that it's to do with backward compatibility with old
standards. I don't think it should matter at all, once you are consistent
with the sockets and the patch panel, and of course if there is no CAT5
wiring in the building already.

Derek.