DoN. Nichols

In article ,
williamhenry wrote:
I have an Albrecht keyless with a Jacobs arbor 1/2 inch keyless , .023
runout as new , used the cold arbor warm [125] chuck assembly method ,
never tried to correct it as it does for my rough drilling
and I have a Kawasaki keyless that is 35 years old from dad that only has
.0003 .0004 for tight work
in the mill which I don't do much of any more , do you think I can get the
runout out of my Albrecht

Possible. I see two likely sources:

1) The Jacobs arbor is off center. (It should not be, but I would
expect it of a Jacobs arbor before an Albrecht one.

2) A jaw in the Albrecht has gotten a burr from a drill spinning
in it sometime in the past. (Or perhaps from gripping something
the wrong shape -- Albrecht jaws are nicely hardened. New jaws
are available, as are replacements for *any* part in an
Albrecht. You can built a whole chuck from parts -- but it will
cost a lot more than buying a whole chuck assembled.)

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564