RAM^3

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:0CKme.1378$4p.91@fed1read03...
In the 70's oilboom, the workers were called "oilfield trash" by
onlookers.

An International Society was formed, and had belt buckles, hats, shirts,
and all sorts of things.

I have two belt buckles.

I worked in the Gulf of Mexico from 1974 to 1980, then again in 1993, and
a couple of hitches in Nigeria.

Are there any other alumni here, or people who worked oilfield who didn't
get to get a t shirt?

Steve

Almost: went "legit" back in the '60s.

Second Generation: Dad was an Engineer with Schlumberger from '46 'till he
died in '59 and I worked in their Houston Headquarters from '65 - '68.

I was working there when they created "Schlumberger Limited" and renamed
their original operation "Schlumberger Well Services".