Mark Carver

Owain wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

Electric heaters were usually wired on 15A radials anyway, and that
practice was expected to continue. Also, postwar housing was usually
intended to have some form of fixed heating installation anyway, so the
ring circuit would not have been used for the main heating load.

My parents house, built in 1966, has electrical storage heating on a switched
(what would now be called Economy 7) night time, plus an afternoon boost, supply.

I've never paid it any attention but ISTR that each room with a storage heater
is fed by one 20A fuse. However the kitchen and living room both have two
heaters each, and I think these rooms are each fed by a 30A fuse.

The house is actually across two phases, so there are four fuse boxes,

Ring/Lights phase 1
Heating phase 1
Ring/Lights phase 2
Heating phase 2

The meter/fuse box area is rather large, my father built a cupboard around it
soon after moving in !

I wonder how much of any of that would be reg compliant these days ?

--
Mark