Unquestionably Confused

on 6/3/2005 9:51 AM Robert Bonomi said the following:
In article ,
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

TrailRat wrote:

A few of the answers state that it must be a breach of copyright laws.
Another answer states that if a carpenter copies a piece
unintentionally, then he'd break a copy right law. Other answers state
that various pieces follow the same basic principles, i.e the design of
a wardrobe is the same on many levels but there are many variants.

So whats the opinion of the group. Maybe I'll share it with my friend
next time I'm down the pub. Yes, the debate started over pint.

Might be more of a patent issue but...

Patent is *not* applicable.

PROBABLY correct Robert but "whatif" the work included copied included a
specific, "revolutionary" and PATENTED fastening device which was
copied as well?g

If you take a photograph of MY home and dog, YOU own the rights to that
photographic image as the "artist."

"yahbut" applies. The owner of the items pictured may _also_ have rights
that have to be dealt with. "Smart" photographers get a 'models release'
for anything that they _might_ later want to use commercially.

Does that apply to inanimate objects and non-humans? My decorative
mailbox sitting out on the public right of way? My dog "Spot?"

If I take the same picture and sell
it have I violated your copyright?

Depends on which meaning of 'take' you mean. *GRIN*

Yahbut now you're doing what I was doing, just throwing a little **** in
the game BIG grin That's why I suggested he take this back over to
another pint or two or threeg

Speaking of which, it's 5:15PM, I'm still in the office and I think I
hear a bottle of beer calling my name. Have a great weekend making
sawdust all!