ibbotsnm ibbotsnm is offline
Junior Member

Default Denon CD Player/Receiver UD-M5

I have a Denon UD-M5 3 CD player that at first sight appears to have a Lasar problem in that it will not play CDs. The Amplifier is working OK when the unit is operationg in the Tuner mode. I have noticed that the head is moving, hunting for the start position on what ever disc and track it is commanded to play, however, it does not appear to pick up alignment information. If I persist , then the player bursts into sound occassionally, playing faultlessly untill the end of the disc is reached. It will also always indicate correctly the number of tracks that any one disc has indicating that it is able to read the indexing sector of each disc. although it has problems in locating the start position. Can anyone please help in A. identifying what the problem is
B. Suggest how the unit can be re-aligned if that is the problem

I have noticed that the unit does not appear to have any drive belts that might slacken. It also has a very complex disc load mechanism.

Many thanks for any help you can give.